This is to inform the general public that, we Fasthook Networks Pvt Ltd have received information about certain person(s) who claim themselves to be the representatives of Fasthook Networks Pvt Ltd (hereinafter ‘FHNPL’) and they have been appointed by FHNPL for the following activities:
1. Installation of Internet Connections of other services provider / illegal sharing of any domestic internet to common people in the name of FHNPL.
2. Announcement of lottery/reward winners.
3. Recruitment of people on work for money basis for/ through FHNPL.
Any transaction thereof with such fraudsters will be at the owner’s risk and FHNPL shall not be responsible to whatsoever/whomsoever for any loss(s), claim(s) or damage(s) of any nature, in any manner.
If the common public comes to know of any such fraudulent activity, then he/she may report the incident to local police authorities. In addition, or alternatively please contact us at the following address.
Fasthook Networks Pvt Ltd
Srinagar Office : Nowgam Chowk , Natipora-Nowgam Road , Srinagar , J & K
ALERT ON PHISHING / MALWARE PROTECTION
Phishing is an attempt by an individual or group to solicit personal information from unsuspecting users by employing social engineering techniques. Phishing emails are crafted to appear as if they have been sent from a legitimate organization or known individual. These emails often attempt to entice users to click on a link that will take the user to a fraudulent website that appears legitimate. The user then may be asked to provide personal information, such as account usernames and passwords, that can further expose them to future compromises. Additionally, these fraudulent websites may contain malicious code , which may lead visiting a bogus website or calling a premium rate number.
do’s and don’ts to protect yourself from phishing.
• Be cautious about opening any attachments or downloading files you receive regardless of who sent them
• Look for sender email ID before you enter/give away any personal information.
• Use antivirus, antispyware and firewall software (upgrade them regularly too)
• Always update your web browser and enable phishing filter
• Do use separate email accounts for things like shopping online, personal etc.
• Protect your computer by installing effective anti-virus / anti-spyware / personal firewall on your computer / mobile phone and update it regularly.
• Don't reply to an e-mail pop-up message that asks for personal or financial information.
• Don't open email that you have any suspicion may not be legitimate
• Don't supply your password or sensitive information via an email message. FHNPL will never call or email you for password etc.
• Don't open suspicious videos or images in social networking sites.